Monday, October 18, 2010

Maria Robinson

I was in the waiting room at the Allen Presbyterian Hospital recently (again) for some tests. The reception area had a paper posted that caught my eye and I asked for a copy. This quote is attributed to Maria Robinson. I had never heard of her, so I went online (of course). She apparently is a writer with many, many published quotes. I found this one to be at the top of the list.

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."

We all make mistakes, and many of us have dwelt on them - regretting them and making them a much larger part of our lives than they merit. The past is gone and we can't change it, but we can change our behavior starting this very moment. That is what the Bible means about "overcoming" and "repentance". It means "never doing that again."

Learn from the mistakes of the past and change the behaviors of the future. God will forgive the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment