Sunday, June 26, 2011

Ideas for Helping the Sick

Having just finished my chemo and radiation treatments, and looking back on the past year, an article from a Guide to Chemo booklet caught my eye and I thought I would share it with you.

Most people ask, sometimes only to themselves, "What can I do to help?" when someone they know is going through a difficult physical challenge. This booklet listing a few things to consider.

1. Look after my kids
2. Help with my parents
3. Listen (very important!)
4. Keep me company (very important!)
5. Help with rides to and from the doctor (I appreciated those who did this)
6. Do laundry
7. Provide meals (I appreciated them)
8. Mow the lawn
9. Take a walk with me
10. Help me organize my bills

When asked, most people will honestly respond that they have no idea. My suggestion to you is - don't ask - just show up (call first to make sure the timing is good) and do it. Whatever you do will be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment