Monday, September 12, 2011

A thought to consider

Since I have not received any comments about this post, I thought I would add my own.

Remember, the unpardonable sin is one blaspheming the Holy Spirit. Satan has definitely done that, so it is VERY unlikely that he could be forgiven. Just as it is unlikely that he would ever repent anyway.

-----------------------------------------------------

I am reading The Early Church and reading about the philosophies of Origen (184-254). One of his positions:

"... even Satan himself retains some vestige of power to acknowledge the truth; even he can repent at the very last."

I have never considered that possibilty and find it very interesting. What IF, Satan repented. I think it is very unlikely, but I can see that it might be possible.

Think about it. God changed His prophesy about Nineveh. Satan's repentence could change His prophecy of the end times.

We can only pray and live our lives so others can see His teachings in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment