Sunday, August 22, 2010

Where are you going?

"Cheshire-Puss ..." said Alice, "would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"

"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to," said the Cat.

"I don't much care where ..." said Alice.

"Then it doesn't matter which way you go," said the Cat.

" ... So long as I get somewhere," Alice added as an explanation.

"Oh, you're sure to do that," said the Cat, "if you only walk long enough."

Many people go through life like Alice. They want someone to give them direction without much real thought about where they want to end. Once you set your goal on Eternal Life, the answer is really quite simple. Jesus gave us the answer:

John 14:
4 "And where I go you know, and the way you know."
5 Thomas said to Him, "Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?"
6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment